EGOD;609382 said:
The last few days have been kind of crazy. My doctor just put me on a gluten free/Dairy free diet in order to decrease the inflammation from my Crohns Disease. So, this pretty much makes it that I am not able to eat much of the food in the caf. Most of my meals are just meat and vegetables.
I worked out for the first time in a while today. I did not feel comfortable doing that workout yet, but I think that I am going to do it with light weight.

i have done gluten, wheat and dairy(well dairy for the most part) various times in my life. only by choice. the longest being a 6 month period. does the cafeteria have any rices. i love a few over medium eggs on my rice alongside my morning vegetable and fruit smoothie.i looove sweet potateos and various other potatoes. i am not a big fan of counting calories and macro/micro. just know what they are and make sure your plate is balanced. i tend to like my protein source to be the bigger part of my meal. oooh i also love avocados. unlikely your caf has those but if they did go for it. i also eat maybe one processed food item a week. sometimes not. sometimes 2. with your crohns it is even more beneficial for you to avoid processed foods. i also like to call the edible like food products b/c they aren't real food. i did not come up with edible like food products. idk who did lol. if you eat whole foods and exercise you will make healthy progress. now if you want to start bodybuilding you may need to start counting and get out the scale lol

At this point, things are pretty busy. My school works piling up, my energy level has been low, and I am hungry all the time. I have not had a lot of trouble sticking to my diet. I just never really get full. I have been making time for PE. I am also getting treated for OCD and depression. So, those two thinks are working against me right now. I really need to make time for working out.

EGOD;610931 said:
At this point, things are pretty busy. My school works piling up, my energy level has been low, and I am hungry all the time. I have not had a lot of trouble sticking to my diet. I just never really get full. I have been making time for PE. I am also getting treated for OCD and depression. So, those two thinks are working against me right now. I really need to make time for working out.

sorry to hear that man. have you thought about making a schedule? making a schedule can make it easier to fit everything in and get everything done in good time.

whats been the issue with sticking to a diet?

I have not really had an issue sticking with the gluten free/dairy free diet. I actually just started making schedules yesterday. I am slowly becoming more time efficient.

EGOD;610997 said:
I have not really had an issue sticking with the gluten free/dairy free diet. I actually just started making schedules yesterday. I am slowly becoming more time efficient.

hey man hows sticking to your diet been going?

EGOD;610931 said:

For appetite what worked for me was fiber pills, the ones that expand in the stomach after you take them. This kept my hinder down and I dropped weight pretty steadily.

doublelongdaddy;614172 said:
For appetite what worked for me was fiber pills, the ones that expand in the stomach after you take them. This kept my hinder down and I dropped weight pretty steadily.

i think the op is trying to put on weight though :)

I've recently been doing a weight gain routine. One quick way to gain some weight is creatine. Buy the cheapest creatine you can find and follow the instructions on the bottle (load by taking two doses a day for 2 weeks than 1 dose a day after that). Once you finish the cheap bottle you can maintain with something of higher quality like creatine HCL.

This isn't necessarily a long term plan, but with if you're hitting the gym while taking it you can gain 5-10 lbs in 2 weeks. This is because the creatine absorbs water into your muscles making them bigger, but not stronger. It does, however help the muscles remove lactic acid so you can hit more reps and sets. Once you finish the cheap stuff move onto creatine HCL which doesn't cause the bloating muscles and you don't need to cycle it. So you'll lose some of the weight but by then you should have put on real muscle.

For food ideas for people with Crohn's you can check out marksdailyapple.com. Here is a list of foods Primal Blueprint Shopping List | Mark's Daily Apple

ShadedSam;614243 said:
I've recently been doing a weight gain routine. One quick way to gain some weight is creatine. Buy the cheapest creatine you can find and follow the instructions on the bottle (load by taking two doses a day for 2 weeks than 1 dose a day after that). Once you finish the cheap bottle you can maintain with something of higher quality like creatine HCL.

This isn't necessarily a long term plan, but with if you're hitting the gym while taking it you can gain 5-10 lbs in 2 weeks. This is because the creatine absorbs water into your muscles making them bigger, but not stronger. It does, however help the muscles remove lactic acid so you can hit more reps and sets. Once you finish the cheap stuff move onto creatine HCL which doesn't cause the bloating muscles and you don't need to cycle it. So you'll lose some of the weight but by then you should have put on real muscle.

For food ideas for people with Crohn's you can check out marksdailyapple.com. Here is a list of foods Primal Blueprint Shopping List | Mark's Daily Apple

yeah creatine is good for gym goers, helps with strength output aswell. however, plain creatine mono hydrates muscle cells 100%, and is one of the most studied supplements. all other forms are pointless, as the mono already does the job to maximum efficiency at a much cheaper price. also no need to cycle creatine, there is no added benefit. the whole mechanism for creatine is to bloat the muscle, so if a product states it doesnt have this effect, then it simply doesnt work as well.

only thing with creatine to watch out for is mistaking intramuscular water gain from actual contractile tissue growth, as if someone decided to stop taking creatine for any reason this water weight would go

i think creatine is lame protien or all natural all the way ahahha i control my immune system and production of hormoes my mind bodyu connection is next gen mauhahahaha

jacob5414;614271 said:
i think creatine is lame protien or all natural all the way ahahha i control my immune system and production of hormoes my mind bodyu connection is next gen mauhahahaha

creatine is one of the most studied supplements, with 15+ years of research. it is arguably one of the safest and most effective things you can buy. plus its dirt cheap

jordey;614246 said:
yeah creatine is good for gym goers, helps with strength output aswell. however, plain creatine mono hydrates muscle cells 100%, and is one of the most studied supplements. all other forms are pointless, as the mono already does the job to maximum efficiency at a much cheaper price. also no need to cycle creatine, there is no added benefit. the whole mechanism for creatine is to bloat the muscle, so if a product states it doesnt have this effect, then it simply doesnt work as well.

only thing with creatine to watch out for is mistaking intramuscular water gain from actual contractile tissue growth, as if someone decided to stop taking creatine for any reason this water weight would go

Have you ever tried con-cret? It gives the exact same benefits, no bloating or bloated feeling. Its an amazing product, just expensive. But starting out there's no point in going for the expensive stuff. Still, micronized and HCL are better than mono. That is an extremely well established fact backed by many scientific studies. Look into the real mechanism behind creatine. It isn't the bloating that helps, that's just a side effect.

con-cret (creatine HCL) is a buffered creatine. it is made ineffective by stomach acid and turned into a basic creatine molecule making it no better then creatine monohydrate. there are no where near the amount of studies on any form of creatine that isnt mono that show enough positive/better benefit over mono to consider taking anything besides mono. with that said, if a person suffers from abdominal bloating or stomach cramps from mono, which can happen for some, then they would benefit from a more soluble creatine product like micronized or even HCL.

Back
Top Bottom