JakeM82

Registered
I just wanted to throw some of my tips and tricks I have learned for using the SG and stretching, as far as it applies to newbies. This is all in my humble opinion, and my personally formed theories from a ridiculous amount of research and reading I have done now. What I can say is that, it has worked. I know this is a long post, but if you are new to the SG, it might really help so I hope it is worth your time.

SIDE NOTE: All of my SG work was done as a part of a larger training program including almost all the SRT program PE routines except the bathmate, which I don't currently own. I also have remained sexually active during this time, usually 4-5 times a week unless traveling and away from my wife.

If you are using an SG (or any other extender, but I think the SG seems to be the accepted leader):

1. Warm-up first - It is easier to get strapped into the device, you will experience less slip and you will be able to stretch longer (and be more comfortable). This means manual stretches and either a heating pad or warm wash cloth. The longer you stretch, the more your penis will get used to it and the quicker you will be able to get in and out of the device. However, it was about 6 weeks before I felt like I had REALLY adjusted. At this point I could reduce my warmup to something more manageable and still avoid slipping and get a good stretch.

2. Stretching Further is NOT Always Better - The formula is not length stretched, it's grams/hours. The tension on the device is measured in grams, not the distance you are stretching your penis. Length doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with it. It is the accumulated gram hours that add up to growth (this is from over 30 hours of reading articles from people who have been effective with just about every extender out there). It has also held true for me. Stretch to the appropriate tension (in grams) and maintain that to accumulate gram hours. Let me explain this a little more.

Tension - The tension on the SG is measured in grams by the strength of the spring to apply that tension. As you extend the device away from your body and the penis begins to apply tension on the spring, the spring in turn pushes back as it compressed. This is observable by the tension measurement "lines" or "notches" on the extension bars on the side of the device. As you extend outward the springs are compressed more and more applying more tension to the penis. You can measure this tension as long as you know the strength of your springs.

As the spring is compressed the tension bar moves down to cover the "lines" on the spring container. Each line represents 1/3 of the overall tension of your spring. So if you have 2100 gram springs, the first tension line represents 700 grams, the 2nd is 1400, and the 3rd 2100. I will say this again for benefit, MORE IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER.

You want to accumulate gram hours over time. For example, I experienced my most significant growth at around 150 hours in the device. What that meant for me was that I spent 150 hours stretched at approximately 800 grams of tension, for a total of 120,000 gram hours. At the 120,000 gram hour mark, I experienced a full 1/2" of growth in my NBPEL. It doesn't matter how long it took on the calendar, it was the gram hours adding up that mattered. The length of the stretch is just a recourse of the amount of grams applied to the penis. I have consistently stretched somewhere between 800-1000 grams. However, I started probably close to 600 grams (and still experienced growth).

So in turn, if you can only wear the device for 30 minutes a day without pain at 1500 grams (750 grms/hrs), but you can wear it for 2 hours at 800 (1600 grms/hours)... 800 grams wins hands down. Accumulate gram hours and you will grow. That all being said, I do think there is a minimum tension that must be applied but it may be different for every person. Target halfway to your first tension line as your starting point. When that is comfortable for 2 hours of stretching per day without pain, then move up in tension, and then time (more on this next).

3. Measured Increases = Measured Progress - Let's face the facts here, when it comes to PE... everyone wants results right now. Just like the gym though guys, you can hurt yourself if you are not smart about your training. No one goes into the gym on their first week of working out, drops 270 lbs on a bar and attempts to set a new bench press PR. That's how people end up in the hospital. In fact in my gym we have a saying "Don't be that guy." So guys when it comes to PE, don't be that guy.

I started at 600 grams tension, moving slowly towards 1000 grams as it was comfortable. My rule of thumb was if I couldn't maintain that stretch for an hour comfortably, I wasn't ready for it yet. The same thing goes for adding hours to your routine. I started at 2 hours a day, breaking at the 1 hour mark for circulation. I have progressed to 6-8 a day (depending on availability), breaking on the 2 hour mark. However, I also had to have 4 days of rest due to overtraining once too. I moved from 4 hours to 6, while also adjusting my tension from 700-800 (approx.). The overall change in gram hours was too much and I had some pain. The key here is I listened to my PI (Personal Indicators) and took 4 days off. Once recovery was complete, I started training again by adding ONLY the hours first. Then after 1 week the additional grams.

4. Ditch the Foam - Alright, maybe this won't work for everyone but I wanted to add this because it was super helpful for me. The memory foam that came with the SG, just caused too much dang slippage. I would have to adjust at least once, sometimes twice during a session (losing 5 minutes at least each time). So one day while putting on my self-adhesive ace bandage for healing in the stretched position, I decided I would try that as the barrier between the comfort strap and my penis (instead of the memory foam). It worked wonders. Not only did it hold better and allow for a better stretch, the texture and self-adhesive nature of the wrap sticks to the comfort strap as well and allows you to strap in at MUCH lower tension. This massively reduced my circulation issues and is the key that allowed me to get to 2 hours of stretching without a break. Cut a piece off of it, small enough that it wraps around 4 times while pulled to medium tension, then strap in like normal.

If you don't have one of these wraps, go to your local pharmacy and get one (they are $5 at my CVS), use it to replace the foam and for healing in the stretched position when you can't use your SG. I can safely wrap myself extended 1-1/2" longer then my normal flaccid hang without any circulation issues, try this yourself, check yourself regularly still but at least try it.

5. Maintaining Circulation - While stretching you need to check yourself regularly to ensure circulation is still occurring above the point where you have strapped in. I usually do a visual and touch check. Can I feel? Is the color normal? If not, unstrap and take a break.

CAVEAT - This is only my personal experience, try this at your risk. I hope it works for you too, if it doesn't unstrap and rest. You only get 1 penis.
One thing I found out was that if I feel like circulation is becoming a problem but I am having a really good stretch as well and I want to make it to my break time without unstrapping is that Kegels can help. I noticed a was having a circulation issue while strapped in, but I wanted to simply finish my kegel routine before I unstrapped as it would only take about 2 minutes more (yes, I kegel while strapped into the device, try it). I noticed that by the time I finished my kegel routine, normal color had returned to the glans as well as feeling. So the next time this occured, I did the same thing, and again experienced the same result. Getting a decent kegel routine going while strapped in seems to help me support good circulation.

I hope this helps some of you guys shorten the learning curve on the SG as you get started. So get out there, get strapped in and start getting bigger.

Also, one final thing... If you aren't following the SRT yet, seriously consider it. Look at the gains I have made in just shy of 3 months now (check my signature). It's worth the time put in if you really want to make a change. I will be posting another update on the 15th with my current measurements as I have not measured since the 15th of Jan. We will see how much more I have grown using this routine, and I hope that will encourage and get some of you other guys out there engaged and working too.

Jake, You are doing some incredible work here and I wanted to let you know that we are definitely seeing this and appreciate it. We give a prize away every month of various PE Gear, I think we may start a new event for those who post informative threads, like you have been. These articles help thousands of men and I am so happy you are giving this gift. I will speak with LIGHTNING about your great work.

doublelongdaddy;635424 said:
Jake, You are doing some incredible work here and I wanted to let you know that we are definitely seeing this and appreciate it. We give a prize away every month of various PE Gear, I think we may start a new event for those who post informative threads, like you have been. These articles help thousands of men and I am so happy you are giving this gift. I will speak with LIGHTNING about your great work.

Thanks so much DLD, I appreciate the kind words.

Honestly, before I found this site I kind of felt lost as it came to PE. There is so much information out there but finding the real, practical advice is hard. When I came to MoS, it not only increased my knowledge but my confidence in what I was doing. Being more confident, my routines simply improved. So I wanted to try to give some of that back if I could. The SG can be a somewhat confusing device to approach at first, and if I can help some of the guys avoid the pitfalls I encountered while learning my way around the device... well, then I am happy to do so.

Thanks again for all your work man and making this site available.

JakeM82;635466 said:
Thanks so much DLD, I appreciate the kind words.

Honestly, before I found this site I kind of felt lost as it came to PE. There is so much information out there but finding the real, practical advice is hard. When I came to MoS, it not only increased my knowledge but my confidence in what I was doing. Being more confident, my routines simply improved. So I wanted to try to give some of that back if I could. The SG can be a somewhat confusing device to approach at first, and if I can help some of the guys avoid the pitfalls I encountered while learning my way around the device... well, then I am happy to do so.

Thanks again for all your work man and making this site available.

:) Thanks my Brother!

Great post and explains a lot. I hurt myself with the SG - I was that guy. No warming up, stretching past EL, no kegel, no jelq - what was I thinking! It was because I seemed to be getting results I suppose. Anyway this site is showing me how to do it for real.

jake you have inspired me to in a big way.....i feel like starting the SRT right now but i have no equipment and i have this stupid lump that wont go...although i have been doing only length work now.....earlier i had made a routine similar to one like SRT but due to lump i have to skip the girth work and doing only length but the stupid lump doesnt go.....so i guess once im done with length i will take a break so the lump gets fixed and then move to girth

your BIG MOTIVATION HERE BROTHER !

pogzee;635750 said:
jake you have inspired me to in a big way.....i feel like starting the SRT right now but i have no equipment and i have this stupid lump that wont go...although i have been doing only length work now.....earlier i had made a routine similar to one like SRT but due to lump i have to skip the girth work and doing only length but the stupid lump doesnt go.....so i guess once im done with length i will take a break so the lump gets fixed and then move to girth

your BIG MOTIVATION HERE BROTHER !

So glad I could be a help man! Do you know what the lump is? Possible thrombosis? There are quite a few articles on the site that have some great feedback for helping to recover from injuries, maybe with some more description about the lump, how it happened etc. We can help point you to the right resource to get healthy and get training again.

Thanks again man!

JakeM82;635782 said:
So glad I could be a help man! Do you know what the lump is? Possible thrombosis? There are quite a few articles on the site that have some great feedback for helping to recover from injuries, maybe with some more description about the lump, how it happened etc. We can help point you to the right resource to get healthy and get training again.

Thanks again man!

thanks for support Jake
it isnt thrombosis i guess......
http://www.mattersofsize.com/forum/penis-enlargement-forum/85720-need-desparate-help.html

currently i have been taking herbal pills for increasing blood circulation to penis and opening blocked channels.....and applying hirudoid cream before sleeping....i still do PE but only length.....it still comes when i traction wrap and do PE but when i dont it goes in 5 minutes.....
when the lump has wanished after i finish PE......then i Ace wrap and after 5-10 minutes i can feel a pinching feeling that is the sign of the lump forming again......but again if i remove the wrap after 1-2 hours it goes away in 5 minutes....

i think it is increased blood flow to a vein as DLD says....cuz i also have alot of extra skin that side i guess the pressure during wrapping or during pe grip causes pressure on vein....correct me here if i am wrong please

thanks

I think DLD has a good assessment of it bro. This forum has probably seen every kind of injury there is discussed by a member at some time or another.

It's interesting that it only appears when you are doing PE. What about during normal sexual activity?

Have you seen a urologist yet?

I found your explanation of gram hours very useful in determining my next course of action with extending. I was about to jump back in at 4.8 pounds (over 2200 grams) of tension. Reading this has me thinking about 1.6. So strange how all this works.

Longth;637040 said:
I found your explanation of gram hours very useful in determining my next course of action with extending. I was about to jump back in at 4.8 pounds (over 2200 grams) of tension. Reading this has me thinking about 1.6. So strange how all this works.

Glad I could help you out bro. I generally run at about 800-1000 grams, I can sustain this for 6 hours a day right now. That math adds up big time.

Is that 6 consecutive hours? I'm guessing you take a break or two.

I've read in a few places that it's less the weight and more the duration. So I guess the best thing I can do is try for the most comfortable setup possible and really try to stick with it between length routines.

6 consecutive hours thats a lot of time IMO i have spent 3 hours the most..most of my sessions dont last more than one hour and a half...

Longth;637047 said:
Is that 6 consecutive hours? I'm guessing you take a break or two.

I've read in a few places that it's less the weight and more the duration. So I guess the best thing I can do is try for the most comfortable setup possible and really try to stick with it between length routines.

I will take breaks at 1.5 or 2 hours usually. By the 2 hour mark I am feeling the fatigue for sure and need 15-20 minutes, I also check my circulation and adjust regularly if needed.

I am going to try to just use it whenever I'm awake and not doing manual work if I can without too much fatigue. Ideally at least 8 hours of it a day. I really don't know though. I get all excited and overly ambitious when I have to wait for stuff in the mail. I don't even know for sure if it will work out yet and I'm already making plans.

Need me some patience.

Very informative post Jake. One thing you might try is the "velcro mod" to replace the comfort strap, you should be able to get away with even less strapping tension without slippage with that. Info on doing it should come up with a sesrch

Jack Leg;637537 said:
Very informative post Jake. One thing you might try is the "velcro mod" to replace the comfort strap, you should be able to get away with even less strapping tension without slippage with that. Info on doing it should come up with a sesrch

I have tried the velcro mod, for me personally I found the self-adhesive wrap to be the most comfortable. Though velcro was not bad.

Back
Top Bottom