Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
914
Likes
6
|
"online dating sites"
#1
So, i am a guy who basically cannot stand pubs and nightclubs. The main reasons being i dont have 100% hearing (have about 90%) and cannot hear people in these places, i can barely dance and i dont really drink much (practically nil). The odds are so stacked against me here that i dont waste my time trying.

So with these meat markets out of the picture, it gets tricky to meet a good number of women.

Lately i have been looking at online sites like date.com and match.com.

Bluntly put, i have a theory that these women are more motivated to meet a man than most girls (lonely/deperate?), actively want something that is not likely to be short term ( i prefer "nice" girls (and corrupting them i add!)) and i can filter out quickly the available talent by what they say they like and dislike in their profiles.

As i intend to hit the female market away from home in another major city, i feel like i have nothing to lose. If its a bust, or a failure, fuck it, i'll never see them again etc. And no-one will know me so there would be no "stigma" of using one of these things.

I am looking to come out of a self-imposed dry spell on the female front, and am thinking this is how to begin.

Anyone used these sorts of things? If so, how did you get on?
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
914
Likes
6
|
"online dating sites"
#2
:D, alright I'm not one to shy away from getting up off me arse and doing my own investigations so...!

I joined Yahoo personals after looking at all the sites and finding the best selection of women on it. Plus all the guys on it look like freaks, so it was a calculated risk.

So far, so ok. I have sent off a load of "icebreakers", a few emails and been contacted by a few women. I am actually having to log the conversations in an Excel spreadsheet as I can't keep track of it all otherwise!

Worst case scenario is I make a few new pen friends or maybe one of them hooks me up with one of their friends.

Best case is I get to crack open someone's pussy with my meat portion. It's early days, and it'll be a slow burn thing until I feel the time is right to move to phone then meet, but basically right now I am enjoying the "game" and its not doing me any harm.

The women seem normal, whereas with the guys profiles you can tell they are all desperate sad "looking for love", "hurt before" types. I am not playing that style at all. Confidence and easygoing humour is my technique.

As i said previously, I am not a clubbing kind of guy, and am also hoping to start Salsa classes soon to get hands-on with some women so I'm playing all angles.

I'll let you know how I get on....
 
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
716
Likes
1
|
"online dating sites"
#3
the dance class would be the place to meet women
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
914
Likes
6
|
"online dating sites"
#4
Yup, I've heard that a LOT so I'll be trying it out too. Hopefully the women will be a better type than the ones I would meet out clubbing. I dont know what its like anywhere else, but here in the UK there are these things called ladettes, women who behave like men, get drunk, fight, throw up etc. They're not women as I would recognise them...salsa should attract ladies with some style and sense of self-worth.

Oh, and apparently something like 1 in SEVEN women under 24 have an STD in the UK that could leave them infertile, and men can catch it and display no symptoms...
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Messages
184
Likes
2
|
"online dating sites"
#5
Yes dancing studios is the best place. Online dating sucks hardcore if you ask me, unless you are just looking for someone to shag for a while. All the gals looking for relationships on those sites pretty much:

(1) Are super picky and looking for Mr. Perfect
(2) Can measure you up before even taking another look at you by your profile and your picture without getting a chance to know the real you.
(3) Have this attitude that they can shop for boyfriends on online dating sites since gals will get a lot of responses (unless they are butt ugly) and guys well only get them if they have a lot going for them. This makes them think they are even more special and priceless, rather than realize that much of the time they get responses from guys who just send Icebreakers or quick messages to every single gal to say you are interested and then see who replies and then sort through the list in terms of priority (kinda like spamming everyone for a date which sucks, but is nevertheless the most effective method).

Success with online dating I think is all about who is the best liar and con artist as far as being successful with women. Yah there are exceptions, but in my experience women don't want to hear the truth on these sites. I consider myself pretty good looking, but looks actually matter very little relative to how much income you make. If you don't make $50,000 plus a year, you can forget about it on those sites as women nowadays have these unrealistic expectations out of guys thanks to reality shows.

The best place to meet women is the old fashioned way and that is at church, dancing studios/clubs, and pretty much any club, organization, or activity center which attracts women but is yet acceptable for straight men to attend. Even if you are not super attractive, you will at least have the opportunity to get them to know you personally to see if there is a connection, while online dating is pretty much the superficial evaluation of yourself. Bars and nightclubs exist for people looking for a different kind of relationship which makes any woman who says "I am sick of the bar/nightclub/gym scene" a complete idiot because any old fool knows you go there to have fun and maybe pick up a gal for a short term relationship or even a one night stand with no strings attached. Yah, I am sure there are plenty of people who met in bars and nightclubs and gyms and got married, but I doubt many of those marriages lasted very long for obvious reasons.

What happens with online dating is if you lie or happen to just have a lot going for you, the woman's expectation is so high that when she finally gets to meet you, she is letdown because well you don't look quite as good as you did in that professionally airbrushed pic of yourself you took 10 years ago. Then she will think you are a liar and unless you have the bucks to back up all the other crap you put in your profile, well then don't expect a second date.

Nevertheless, if you don't lie or embellish yourself in such a way that you seem like the top dog among all the other profiles, you are shit out of luck because 90% of the women out there only really want 10% of the guys and the other 90% of guys in actuality just get settled for if they ever get in a relationship. That is just a sad fact of nature.

I don't lie because well I would rather die a virgin than be a total liar (not that I am a virgin or a liar, but you get my point) but as long as women are dumb enough to keep buying the bullshit that every other guy out there is gonna be rich or else is already rich (you know the $30,000 a year millionaires who have good enough game to get women to believe they are actually rich), or famous, or what not, then the biggest liar is going to be the guy who gets the most pussy period.

Yah there are good girls, but American culture lately has not been to keen on raising them, but if you do want to find one of the few good girls left, I would suggest doing a few girly activities with the sole purpose of meeting women.

Women will often tout themselves as sports fanatics and go to sporting events because: DING! DING! DING! Lots of guys are there. Heck, plenty of women who don't even play golf will be at golf tournaments to gold dig, so it only makes sense that men play the same game and attend events where the ratio of pussy to dick is in your favor.

Anyways, Match.com has the best looking gals or maybe their staff touches up the pictures a little better than Yahoo does, but Match.com seems to attract the more snobby high maintenance crowd than Yahoo for some reason. Just a generalization, but that has been my experience with both of them. I also tried MatcHydromaxaker Online a couple years ago and I think it has died off a lot in popularity but if you are still going to stick with online dating, you might want to try them out as well. The one which seemed to have the best idea for online dating or relationship finding I ran into was eHarmony but from what I know about them, their popularity died off a bit after they did their big ad blitz, but you might want to give them a shot as well.

Good Luck!
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Messages
184
Likes
2
|
"online dating sites"
#6
levista said:
Oh, and apparently something like 1 in SEVEN women under 24 have an STD in the UK that could leave them infertile, and men can catch it and display no symptoms...
Try 1 in 3 in the United States. 25% of the American adult population already has herpes which can cause birth complications, but Clamydia and HPV, though treatable, are the ones which can screw up a lady for life.

I know it sounds shallow, but before marrying anyone you should probably try and find out somehow if they have had one of these STD's. I guess in some states I think you need to get a blood test before getting married, but it has been so long since I was last engaged that I really don't remember, but I think you get your blood test after you are wed (like before getting the license) so by then it would already be too late.
 

BigMac

New member
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
7
Likes
0
|
"online dating sites"
#7
MCTFB said:
Yes dancing studios is the best place. Online dating sucks hardcore if you ask me, unless you are just looking for someone to shag for a while. All the gals looking for relationships on those sites pretty much:

(1) Are super picky and looking for Mr. Perfect
(2) Can measure you up before even taking another look at you by your profile and your picture without getting a chance to know the real you.
(3) Have this attitude that they can shop for boyfriends on online dating sites since gals will get a lot of responses (unless they are butt ugly) and guys well only get them if they have a lot going for them. This makes them think they are even more special and priceless, rather than realize that much of the time they get responses from guys who just send Icebreakers or quick messages to every single gal to say you are interested and then see who replies and then sort through the list in terms of priority (kinda like spamming everyone for a date which sucks, but is nevertheless the most effective method).

Success with online dating I think is all about who is the best liar and con artist as far as being successful with women. Yah there are exceptions, but in my experience women don't want to hear the truth on these sites. I consider myself pretty good looking, but looks actually matter very little relative to how much income you make. If you don't make $50,000 plus a year, you can forget about it on those sites as women nowadays have these unrealistic expectations out of guys thanks to reality shows.

The best place to meet women is the old fashioned way and that is at church, dancing studios/clubs, and pretty much any club, organization, or activity center which attracts women but is yet acceptable for straight men to attend. Even if you are not super attractive, you will at least have the opportunity to get them to know you personally to see if there is a connection, while online dating is pretty much the superficial evaluation of yourself. Bars and nightclubs exist for people looking for a different kind of relationship which makes any woman who says "I am sick of the bar/nightclub/gym scene" a complete idiot because any old fool knows you go there to have fun and maybe pick up a gal for a short term relationship or even a one night stand with no strings attached. Yah, I am sure there are plenty of people who met in bars and nightclubs and gyms and got married, but I doubt many of those marriages lasted very long for obvious reasons.

What happens with online dating is if you lie or happen to just have a lot going for you, the woman's expectation is so high that when she finally gets to meet you, she is letdown because well you don't look quite as good as you did in that professionally airbrushed pic of yourself you took 10 years ago. Then she will think you are a liar and unless you have the bucks to back up all the other crap you put in your profile, well then don't expect a second date.

Nevertheless, if you don't lie or embellish yourself in such a way that you seem like the top dog among all the other profiles, you are shit out of luck because 90% of the women out there only really want 10% of the guys and the other 90% of guys in actuality just get settled for if they ever get in a relationship. That is just a sad fact of nature.

I don't lie because well I would rather die a virgin than be a total liar (not that I am a virgin or a liar, but you get my point) but as long as women are dumb enough to keep buying the bullshit that every other guy out there is gonna be rich or else is already rich (you know the $30,000 a year millionaires who have good enough game to get women to believe they are actually rich), or famous, or what not, then the biggest liar is going to be the guy who gets the most pussy period.

Yah there are good girls, but American culture lately has not been to keen on raising them, but if you do want to find one of the few good girls left, I would suggest doing a few girly activities with the sole purpose of meeting women.

Women will often tout themselves as sports fanatics and go to sporting events because: DING! DING! DING! Lots of guys are there. Heck, plenty of women who don't even play golf will be at golf tournaments to gold dig, so it only makes sense that men play the same game and attend events where the ratio of pussy to dick is in your favor.

Anyways, Match.com has the best looking gals or maybe their staff touches up the pictures a little better than Yahoo does, but Match.com seems to attract the more snobby high maintenance crowd than Yahoo for some reason. Just a generalization, but that has been my experience with both of them. I also tried MatcHydromaxaker Online a couple years ago and I think it has died off a lot in popularity but if you are still going to stick with online dating, you might want to try them out as well. The one which seemed to have the best idea for online dating or relationship finding I ran into was eHarmony but from what I know about them, their popularity died off a bit after they did their big ad blitz, but you might want to give them a shot as well.

Good Luck!
You hit it on the head here. I'm going to change my profile and claim that Warren Buffett asks me for financial guideance and Bill Gates hits me up for a loan now and then. That should get me some pussy.
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
914
Likes
6
|
"online dating sites"
#8
MCTFB, you are a bloody star mate. Thanks for taking the time to write all that, I'm already readjusting mentally my outlook on the online thing and I'll lower expectations somewhat.
I know you are right about the dancing thing being the way to go, it's cowardice on my part that I haven't started yet (I suffer sometimes from low selfesteem and confidence) but am intending to next week.

Shit, had no idea the STD thing was so bad in the US. Thanks for "sweet fuck all" goes to the swinging sixties!!!
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Messages
184
Likes
2
|
"online dating sites"
#9
levista said:
MCTFB, you are a bloody star mate. Thanks for taking the time to write all that, I'm already readjusting mentally my outlook on the online thing and I'll lower expectations somewhat.
I know you are right about the dancing thing being the way to go, it's cowardice on my part that I haven't started yet (I suffer sometimes from low selfesteem and confidence) but am intending to next week.

Shit, had no idea the STD thing was so bad in the US. Thanks for "sweet fuck all" goes to the swinging sixties!!!
Well only thing I hated about dancing was the hundred dollar an hour lessons. Well, I agreed to do it with my GF at the time (it was my idea) because it was her "childhood dream to become a dancer" and well man it was fun but what a racket. So unless you can get in on some cheap group classes, bring your wallet with yah before stepping into one of those places.

Nevertheless, I plan on taking lessons again sometime in the future just because dancing is such a powerful took in manipulating women and even though in personal life I don't really think this way, in business all is fair as far as I am concerned if you need to seduce some woman with power to get what you want in life, dancing is one of the tools to do that.

Oh and just to let you know, they obviously pair you up with an attractive dance instructor who in many ways acts like a whore in patronizing everything you do so you keep coming in there to spend more money. So needless to say, DO NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAP! They just want your money so as long as you accept the entire dancing thing as a business proposition and approach it that way instead of letting their flattery get to you, then you should be alright.
 
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
135
Likes
0
|
"online dating sites"
#10
You know to be able to dance well enough to show off, takes atleast 3 years, and even though salsa is relativly simple , be ready to dedicate quite some time to it. Also don't brag to anyone about the classes, since the expectations might turn out to be too hot to handle.Otherwise i think you'll enjoy dancing.
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
914
Likes
6
|
"online dating sites"
#11
3 years...shit!

Anyways, I have actually met a girl who seems something special. Down to earth, lots in common..will exchange photos within the week and I'll decide what i want from her then. Ideally, she will be girlfriend material, but failing that I'll be going for a hit and run. Watch this space, I might be about to beat the odds!!!!
 
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
135
Likes
0
|
"online dating sites"
#12
Learning the steps is the easy part, now acctually getting them right and in the rytHydromax is what's difficult. It's a lot more difficult to be a guy in dancing, since you are the one that has to lead(as in do all the work). Honestly proffesionals male dancers can get any woman without dancing expirience and make it look like she has been dancing all her life. I'm not going to explain all the the theory, since even after a year i don't get it 100%(hard to explain in english for me also), but i can advise that if you have enough funds, that you take individual classes, since often at group classes, the most attention is given to the more promising pairs.Individual classes are also a super idea for a date:women love dancing, women love guys who dance and take control,the ideas is very original and after an individual class she will be a lot more comfortable around you. It also gives potential for being cocky and funny. For example "You: Hey stop rubbing against my leg so much. She: I did'nt! You: well you did, and i would really appreciate it if you rubbed a little higher. ". Catch my drift?
 
S

stillwantmore

Guest
|
"online dating sites"
#13
You guys should look at Adult Friend Finder. Theyre the biggest online dating site period. I have a direct link in my signature.
 
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
498
Likes
1
|
"online dating sites"
#14
I have done this on-line dating thing for sometime(2-3 years off and on)! I have finally decided to give it up and go back to the normal way of meeting women! The problem is with the profile that you create, with each site! You have limited space in which to give a very precise description of yourself!

Being honest with them is very important, but many times they will not be attracted to you, as you will be deemed as boring, if you can not tell them loads of bullshit! It would seem that if you were a genius at creative writing, and a compulsive liar, you would be inundated with many replies!

One site I was at, was not working for me at all, then I changed my tactics, I made my profile sound as if I was an arrogant ass, and very pushy, enlarged egotistical male! I did it as a test, and guess what! I started getting loads of responses! I couldn't believe it!

The main thing that you need to think about is this! The normal way that you meet someone, is first a physical attraction, then you get up the courage to start a conversation, if the chemistry is there, then you go to next level and so on! With Internet dating, you will be going about it back wards! I have met so many women on the net, and have been very compatible with them, but once you have that first meeting, everything changes about how they view you, and how you view them!

I think that when you read a profile, and you exchange messages etc, and phone them, the imagination is working overtime! You are building an image of this person, as they are doing the same with you! And believe me, the picture of them you have in your mind, is always different from the person you finally meet!

Give it a try though, you may get lucky, and anyway you will at least make some new friends!

My best success came from putting adverts in the local paper, and specialist magazines(for me it was artist,writers, crafts magazines etc.) It depends on what type of women you want to meet! If you have a hobby that you enjoy, put an advert in the back of a magazine that is devoted to this hobby, you will be amazed at how many women that will respond, and more times then not, give it up to you! I have about a 90% success rate with this method!

The local or regional paper is a good source as well!! I have had great success with this method as well! With all of these methods you will have to make it over the big hurdle of that first meeting, where physical attraction and chemistry are the utmost of importance in most cases, but not all!! Hope this helps!!
 

ItsElectric

Active member
Joined
Jun 4, 2003
Messages
1,910
Likes
2
|
"online dating sites"
#15
I met my girlfriend of two years from an online dating site called http://www.ecrush.com Now, they're full of ads and stuff but I think I did pretty good!! (See attachment)

-ItsElectric
 

Attachments

Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Messages
184
Likes
2
|
"online dating sites"
#16
girthius said:
I have done this on-line dating thing for sometime(2-3 years off and on)! I have finally decided to give it up and go back to the normal way of meeting women! The problem is with the profile that you create, with each site! You have limited space in which to give a very precise description of yourself!

Being honest with them is very important, but many times they will not be attracted to you, as you will be deemed as boring, if you can not tell them loads of bullshit! It would seem that if you were a genius at creative writing, and a compulsive liar, you would be inundated with many replies!

One site I was at, was not working for me at all, then I changed my tactics, I made my profile sound as if I was an arrogant ass, and very pushy, enlarged egotistical male! I did it as a test, and guess what! I started getting loads of responses! I couldn't believe it!

The main thing that you need to think about is this! The normal way that you meet someone, is first a physical attraction, then you get up the courage to start a conversation, if the chemistry is there, then you go to next level and so on! With Internet dating, you will be going about it back wards! I have met so many women on the net, and have been very compatible with them, but once you have that first meeting, everything changes about how they view you, and how you view them!

I think that when you read a profile, and you exchange messages etc, and phone them, the imagination is working overtime! You are building an image of this person, as they are doing the same with you! And believe me, the picture of them you have in your mind, is always different from the person you finally meet!

Give it a try though, you may get lucky, and anyway you will at least make some new friends!

My best success came from putting adverts in the local paper, and specialist magazines(for me it was artist,writers, crafts magazines etc.) It depends on what type of women you want to meet! If you have a hobby that you enjoy, put an advert in the back of a magazine that is devoted to this hobby, you will be amazed at how many women that will respond, and more times then not, give it up to you! I have about a 90% success rate with this method!

The local or regional paper is a good source as well!! I have had great success with this method as well! With all of these methods you will have to make it over the big hurdle of that first meeting, where physical attraction and chemistry are the utmost of importance in most cases, but not all!! Hope this helps!!
Great post Girthius. I guess I kind of forgot about the local newspaper as I never read them anymore (pretty much just ezines for me but then again my profession is working on the computer sooooooooooo.........). Also, your experience is very similiar to mine and I have done the bullshit test out of frustration and found out the majority of women on all of the internet dating sites are only looking for Mr. Right (AKA Mr. Perfect) and not Mr. Respectable or Mr. I Will Treat You Like A Lady, etc.

Mr. Right is really just a figment in the modern woman's imagination for a guy who has everything going for them. Well the truth is guys like that just don't exist, though players can create that image by paying close attention to refining their image which more often than not is not grounded in reality. All men have weaknesses or areas they could improve upon which if presented honestly to most women these days would make them run scared because I feel though most women claim in their profiles to be the "Glass is half full" types, in reality they are looking at most men as "The Glass being half empty" so if there is one thing that makes you imperfect then they run away.

Then some guy puts up a bullshit profile with a photoshopped pic of himself when he was in his prime with a whole bunch of lies and exaggerations (exaggerated income, says he likes to travel the world, and do every eclectic activity you can think of), and guess who has a long list of dates to choose from on a Friday night. He beds them before they get a whiff of his bullshit and the next thing you know these women change their profiles to "Sick of all the games and players", or something like that which is retarded because if they had half a brain they would know that something which seems to good to be true usually is.

If you are honest about your personality at all then you will seem like you are a sick-puppy or like you said "boring" with no sense of adventure. I am sorry, I don't consider myself boring but since I have a job I cannot exactly go touring the world for months at a time like some playboy living it up on his wealthy parents' dime.

A lot of women these days are looking for their prince charming but will never find him because unlike prince's, regular guys have to work for a living and do not have inordinate amounts of time to do things like travel all the time (a lot of people maybe get one week vacation out the year these days), and regular guys are not rich and those who are wealthy usually got that way by working their asses off and well princes seem to have all the time in the world right?

So you are either a guy with not enough money or a guy with not enough time. Good gals know there is a happy medium somewhere and there standards are not that high for how much money or time you need to devote to them and the family they want to have with you, and care as much about your needs and the needs of the family as their own or perhaps even more in some cases. The kind of unmarried women in their late 20's early 30's have not found Mr. Right for fairly obvious reasons, though out of that crop there should be a few left over who are not complete nutjobs, though I doubt you are going to find any of them with online dating.

Oh yeah, it goes both ways as well. Sometimes a gal will post a pic which does not make herself look all that great (like she could have an average face but a killer rack) and unless you meet her face to face you won't know if she is attractive enough to you to consider pursuing a relationship with her so even though it is easy posting a profile online and lazily sending out icebreaker messages and hoping the traffic comes to you, the best way to find quality women is usually the best way to find quality business associates and that is through hard and persistent networking (i.e. get your butt out of the house and meet as many people as you can in your community).
 
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
135
Likes
0
|
"online dating sites"
#17
MCTFB, couldn't agree with you more. Besides, why would a prince be so desperate as in to look for a girl on the internet? I guess we have to thank Walt Disney for women having altered realities...
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
914
Likes
6
|
"online dating sites"
#18
I'm very between the opinions here and my own. I can see everyone's point, but touch wood I've connected with a girl through an online site now and we should be meeting up soon. She seems a "keeper" as well, which I need right now. Regular sex would sort my head out bigtime.

Time will tell :)
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
914
Likes
6
|
"online dating sites"
#19
Well, just to update on this, I'm going on my third date with her tonight and I'm hoping to work towards a handjob possibly. I basically could have had her bra off on the 2nd date for sure but I like to headfuck them a little and didnt, so now she's left worrying in case i dont want her enough or shes not pretty enough lol.

She kinda fits the online girl stereotype, little bit chubby and not someone I want to be going long term with, but she's good for 6 months and will be a good girlfriend/fuckbuddy while I work on others. She's got a nice face though and her personality is a 100% match which is cool. I do enjoy hanging with her etc so it's good to have a friend you can fuck :)

Overall the $30 bucks for joining the online dating site will be worth it by the second blowjob lets face it :)
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
914
Likes
6
|
"online dating sites"
#20
i definitely beat the odds with this one. Got her to suck me off and swallow last time which was my long term fantasy, having seen it so many times on porn :)
 

Members online

Top Bottom