Immolation prompted by lack of fireworks


Staff member
Jun 3, 2003
Immolation prompted by lack of fireworks
WISH-TV 8 Indianapolis |
"'[A friend] goes and gets the gasoline, the victim takes his shirt off, he pours the gasoline on the shirt, the victim puts his shirt back on and his other friend lights him on fire,' explained Eric Brown, White River Township Fire Marshal. Authorities say that happened after [Thomas Jefferson] and two friends ran out of fireworks and decided to try to light each other's clothes on fire.* Jefferson was engulfed in flames from his head to his waist... authorities call it a stunt gone terribly wrong - a horrible lesson about the dangers of fire... Jefferson, who was severely burned, is expected to remain in a drug-induced coma for the next couple of weeks in Riley Hospital."