Enigma

New member
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
5
After a few weeks of stretching and medium jelqing I decided to try some more intense girth stuff tonight. All went well, but a few minutes ago I noticed something was a bit different. I believe its what's called the "Donut Effect " where the circumcision scar just below the glans gets sort of puffy and swelled. It doesn't hurt at all but it looks rather odd. Is this a sign that I'm doing something right in my workout?
 

REDZULU2003

Its a marathon, not a sprint!
Staff member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
22,976
hi,
its common, normal and nuthing to worry about.
 

SizeItUp

New member
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Messages
27
It is just fluid build up . I don't believe it helps with growth as it is in the skin, but it is common and should go away after a few hours.
 

Dario

1
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
780
For those with this 'doughnut effect' does it stay with you or go away? The reason I ask is because I think I have this as well. At first I thought it was a thrombosed vein, but it is a soft, spungy buildup of tissue beneath my glans, so I don't think it's that. It's not visually noticable, but can be felt when erect.

Anyway, wondering what to do to combat this (besides resting :)) and to see what some of you guys are doing who have this as well?
 

tkto

Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2014
Messages
703
Dario;48643 said:
For those with this 'doughnut effect' does it stay with you or go away? The reason I ask is because I think I have this as well. At first I thought it was a thrombosed vein, but it is a soft, spungy buildup of tissue beneath my glans, so I don't think it's that. It's not visually noticable, but can be felt when erect.

Anyway, wondering what to do to combat this (besides resting :)) and to see what some of you guys are doing who have this as well?
Do you guys always feel your doughnuts? I would get mine worse on the right side, but it wasn't very palpable it just felt like liquid
 

tkto

Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2014
Messages
703
So u just massage it away with heat right, that's what I do. I take little "warm-up/w massage" breaks to dissipate it.
Mine does get noticeable too
 

jordey

Active member
Joined
Aug 5, 2012
Messages
1,364
tkto;616762 said:
So u just massage it away with heat right, that's what I do. I take little "warm-up/w massage" breaks to dissipate it.
Mine does get noticeable too
depends how 'good' the session was. if ive got really good expansion in the bathmate, and a massive donut because of it, no amount of massaging even affects it, it remains the same. even the next day it wouldnt have gone down fully, would still have a bit of puffy fluid retention
 

tkto

Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2014
Messages
703
Then ur expansion pushes the fluid out to be more noticeable. I've never pumped, and my fluid is virtually gone in some hours.
 

jordey

Active member
Joined
Aug 5, 2012
Messages
1,364
tkto;616775 said:
Then ur expansion pushes the fluid out to be more noticeable. I've never pumped, and my fluid is virtually gone in some hours.
yeah im the same. i dont usually get fluid retention from manuals, and if i do its only small and goes away quick. only thing that gives me bad fluid/ donut is the bathmate (so i assume juts pumping in general).
 

jordey

Active member
Joined
Aug 5, 2012
Messages
1,364
doublelongdaddy;617297 said:
Wow, I thought this issue was completely dealt with using the 5x5x3, I guess I was wrong.
for the majority it seems like it does. for me it doesnt so much, as even after my warmup or first set i can start getting a little fluid retention , and once i get a little it doesnt matter what i do between sets, more will come
 

DLD

doublelongdaddy
Staff member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
111,909
jordey;617303 said:
for the majority it seems like it does. for me it doesnt so much, as even after my warmup or first set i can start getting a little fluid retention, and once i get a little it doesnt matter what i do between sets, more will come
Well, fluid retention will not cause any permanent problems and if there is some tissue expansion in there with it you will still be gaining.
 

tkto

Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2014
Messages
703
doublelongdaddy;617536 said:
Well, fluid retention will not cause any permanent problems and if there is some tissue expansion in there with it you will still be gaining.
I guess
 

Barnstool123

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2014
Messages
164
doublelongdaddy;617297 said:
Wow, I thought this issue was completely dealt with using the 5x5x3, I guess I was wrong.
I think a lot of factors come into play. A major one being the intensity of the pump . How long a person has been doing it. And so on. From reading the 5x5x3 seems to work for most at preventing donuts
 

Barnstool123

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2014
Messages
164
tkto;616762 said:
So u just massage it away with heat right, that's what I do. I take little "warm-up/w massage" breaks to dissipate it.
Mine does get noticeable too
I would think a cold pack or crushed ice In a ziplock would be best for getting rid of fluid retention . Cold helps to push the fluid out of the tissues. Heat brings more in. Then massage after the cold therapy to restore blood flow and warm the tissue
 

VoorheesXIII

Active member
Joined
Aug 4, 2014
Messages
665
I practice the 5x5x3 and find that if i jelq in between it tends to exagerate the donut effect as it's pushing toward it, but I've split my between sets of 5 minutes up into 2 minutes of jelqing 👌 and 3 x 1 minute slow squash jelqs , seems to remedy it for me 👍
 
Top