Alzheimer's victim accidentally immolated

DLD

doublelongdaddy
Staff member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
111,871
Alzheimer's victim accidentally immolated
South Florida Sun-Sentinel |
"An apartment fire killed an 88-year-old Alzheimer's victim who was tied to a chair in her bedroom to help stabilize her broken hip, officials said. Manuela Morales died Monday in the fifth-floor fire, which started when her 8-year-old great-grandson was playing with a lighter and candles under her bed, family members said. Morales was immobilized with rope to keep her from falling and injuring herself, family members told police. But the rope also prevented another great-grandson, Ameio Hernandez, from rescuing her. 'She was in the chair, tied up,' said Hernandez, 16. 'She was screaming because the fire was burning her.'"

More
 
Top