9/11 Commission refutes Saddam-al Qaeda link

DLD

doublelongdaddy
Staff member
|
"9/11 Commission refutes Saddam-al Qaeda link"
9/11 Commission refutes Saddam-al Qaeda link
MSNBC |
"The commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks reported Wednesday that Osama bin Laden met with a top Iraqi official in 1994 but found 'no credible evidence' of a link between Iraq and al-Qaida in attacks against the United States... the panel said that bin Laden made overtures to toppled Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein for assistance, as he did with leaders in Sudan, Iran, Afghanistan and elsewhere as he sought to build an Islamic army... bin Laden is said to have requested space to establish training camps in Iraq as well as Iraqi assistance in procuring weapons, but Iraq apparently never responded.. The panel's findings were released two days after Vice President Dick Cheney asserted that Saddam had 'long-established ties' with al-Qaida. President Bush defended the statement in a news conference Tuesday."

MORE

|
There's nothing in that "commission" that anyone with half a brain and an Internet connection to read real news didn't already know. US boys dying for a lie.....and oil.

|
haha

people can argue points all day long.
just as you said,anyone with half a brain and an internet connection can read "real" news.i guess nowadays "real" news means the network you most agree with.

i will just say that if you believe we die for a lie and oil,you are sadly mistaken and have missed many world events that point to these battles as a fight for freedom and the right to exist in it(freedom).

its sad that the fight against terror has turned partisan with these bomb throwers all over t.v looking to bash the current admin. when they themselves supported action in iraq.

the 9/11 commission said that there was no collaboration between iraq and al qaida for 9/11.there was however ties between the two.for ties now please see al-Zarqawi

anyhow,everyone is entitled to their own opinion,which is what we fight for(kinda ironic huh) :D

C

Casey

|
al-qaeda is now in Iraq b/c of the War. They want to contintue their Jihad. Part of Osama Bin Laden's rheteroic, was that the Infidels would take over an Islam nation and take their oil and destroy Islam. And Bush played right into OBL propaganda.

the Commission is important, and bi-partisen. Their findings are not "politicized", as Sean Hannity likes to scream at the top of his lungs all day long.

|
Just how much of the report have you read??? Everybody is focusing on just ONE line. That seems to be taking the report out of context. I belive the actual wording in the report said "corroborated" evidence not "credible" evidence. BIG difference!!! I believe there was credible evidence of ties even if it wasn't corroborated.

|
And what of the numerous other nations that we know host large numbers of Al Queda and boost their organization? They're grasping for for straws with the Iraq thing, plain and simple. We're not in Iraq to advance the war on terrorism and it hasn't done a damn thing for us. It's caused death and suffering needlessly and damged our credebility. It's a mistake. I find it hard to summon the effort to denounce it anymore because in a few years when all information comes to light and the damage can be fully surveyed, the foolishness of invading Iraq will be common knowledge. In the meantime it is fun to listen to Bush's flock moan for their bungling hero. Moan away lads, each passing day more evidence of the Bush adminstration's rotten and weak policies and actions manifest before us. For them damage control is the order of the day, all day, not governance of the nation. I'm sure you'll all be invited down to the ranch in November to console the man.

Last edited:
|
poonologist said:
people can argue points all day long.
just as you said,anyone with half a brain and an internet connection can read "real" news.i guess nowadays "real" news means the network you most agree with.
I mean "real" news as in foreign and unbiased....
poonologist said:
i will just say that if you believe we die for a lie and oil,you are sadly mistaken and have missed many world events that point to these battles as a fight for freedom and the right to exist in it(freedom).
I didn't miss anything, don't assume I did. I am not mistaken. One day Iraq had WMD's, that was a lie, one day Iraq was buying Uranium, that was a lie, Hussein's regime was supporting terrorists, that was a lie....These are the pretenses of the invasion....You think we went in there bombing first and asking question later for freedom......:D....For human rights. Isn't it American that's placing men in secret concentration camps without charges or due process(where toture is used)?
poonologist said:
its sad that the fight against terror has turned partisan with these bomb throwers all over t.v looking to bash the current admin. when they themselves supported action in iraq.
I was against this invasion from day one, but it is sad that people that did support this invasion in the beginning, tuck tail and run when it falls out of favor with the flag-toting populous. The invasion of Irag is not a fight against terror, if it is, how? You know that the US was selling oil contracts(see Pentagon document titled "Foreign Suitors For Iraqi Oilfield Contracts")in Iraq long before the US invaded right? That Iraq is coincidentally, the 2nd biggest oil counrty on Earth.....just ripe for the picking.
poonologist said:
the 9/11 commission said that there was no collaboration between iraq and al qaida for 9/11.there was however ties between the two.for ties now please see al-Zarqawi
For ties, please visit goingdeeper's Iraq thread..
poonologist said:
anyhow,everyone is entitled to their own opinion,which is what we fight for(kinda ironic huh) :D
Everyone is entitled to their option. This is not a war for freedom. There were far more human rights violations and UN sanctions in other countries then Iraq. Why was Iraq chosen? Iraq never, for one second, threatened American freedom or saftey, through it's own military might (no Navy), or terrorist affiliations - which there wasn't any in the first place...

|
haha

i knew it would turn into this.

im not going to disect everything you said as you did me.ill just say that some always seem to be on the wrong side of history and missing the calls to duty.

fact shows that there were connections between iraq and terrorist organizations ranging from al ansar to al qaida.

as another note,i guess that means nothing to some as its not from a credible source.a foreign and unbiased one.see this pdf for a little more info CiaDoc

im done with this thread as this stuff really is useless arguing about.no one is changing their opinions i imagine :D

Top Bottom