With a proper diet, yes it could work. If you're diet is shit, you're not going to get the results that you want...

The discussion of ABS is always an interesting one. I am a personal trainer and EVERYONE is looking for that "perfect" ab exercise. Little do they or most people know that there is no ONE exercise that will give them a 6 pack or trim the lower abs. Anyone that says there is, is a liar and is probably trying to sell you something. The ONLY benefit you get from exercising your abs is to keep them strong enough so you have equilibrium between your anterior(front or abominal wall) and posterior(back) muscular system so you don't have pain or core weakness.

The absolute BEST way to get a six pack is by not drinking them and watching your diet. If you notice each ab infomercial has the disclaimer at the bottom of their commercial saying that diet along with a regimented exercise routine is required. That is the only part of those commercials that actually has any credibility...

So to answer your question. Not a chance.

Jakb

Yeah, no abs will show as long as you have a decent layer of fat on your stomach. If you want abs, loose fat first and foremost.

Be wary of anything that promises fast results with minimum effort. It's usually BS.

jakb said:
The discussion of ABS is always an interesting one. I am a personal trainer and EVERYONE is looking for that "perfect" ab exercise. Little do they or most people know that there is no ONE exercise that will give them a 6 pack or trim the lower abs. Anyone that says there is, is a liar and is probably trying to sell you something. The ONLY benefit you get from exercising your abs is to keep them strong enough so you have equilibrium between your anterior(front or abominal wall) and posterior(back) muscular system so you don't have pain or core weakness.

The absolute BEST way to get a six pack is by not drinking them and watching your diet. If you notice each ab infomercial has the disclaimer at the bottom of their commercial saying that diet along with a regimented exercise routine is required. That is the only part of those commercials that actually has any credibility...

So to answer your question. Not a chance.

Jakb

So true! The best ab machine is the cardio room. The best ab workout strategy is monitoring your dinner plate.

penguinsfan said:
So true! The best ab machine is the cardio room. The best ab workout strategy is monitoring your dinner plate.

Ooh damn, thats good. I'm going to use that at work in the gym :)

i have 6 seconds abs... unfortunately, it only works to make u feel some pain in ur ab area.. it felt like youv worked out for days but then its not a good tool because it doesnt really define ur stomach much. i say crunches are better.

penguinsfan said:

Exactly! <13% Body Fat equals abs. <9% Body Fat eguals lower abs.

Back
Top Bottom